2012年9月14日 星期五

Spring Maintenance Tips


It is that time of year, the outdoors are coming alive!

Now is the time to think of some of the interior and exterior semi annual maintenance items that need attention.

Here is a peak at my honey do list:


Change the batteries in my smoke detectors
Vacuum and check my carbon monoxide detectors are working properly
Check my all purpose class A, B, C fire extinguishers located in my kitchen, garage and laundry room
Call my Furnace and air conditioning company to service my AC
Clean my gutters and check my downspouts
Clean all by bathroom and kitchen exhaust filters
Clean my air ducts, have not done those in five years it is time
Check my roof for wear along the snow line, from the ground with binoculars
Service the interior drain lines in my 1955 ranch style home, in my kitchen, laundry sink, bath tub, and basement floor drains I add one cup of baking soda, follow with one cup of white vinegar then pour a tea kettle of boiling water after that. I actually do this monthly
Find the handy caulking gun and caulk around the exterior of my doors, windows, bath tub tiles, kitchen or bath counter tops, driveway or foundational cracks and all those places that have caulk that has cracked or has gaps on the inside and outside of my home
Check the soffits and fascia boards behind my gutters for water damage or areas where animals can enter my attic
Check my hot water heater and other drain lines for water leaks
Vacuum the back coils on my fridge and underneath too
Check the tar flashing around my roof protrusions or on my flat roof seams
Mark the areas of exterior painted surfaces that need repainting or repairs
Talk about our fire safety plan or our bad weather plan
Schedule the sprinkler turn on along with the inspection of the sprinkler heads and the deck misting system
Replace water damaged Trex decking, this stuff is suppose to be maintenance free, but not always
Check the cement capstone on top of my chimney for any cracking or deterioration
Check the attic for leaking or damage


If I had:
Stucco on my house, I would schedule my professional stucco tech to visit the home to make any necessary repairs
A sump pump, I would have it inspected and operated to ensure it was working correctly
A radon mitigation system I would schedule my annual radon test
A basement wood subfloor with space underneath that has a ventilation system, I would schedule an inspection of the fans and humidistat
Lived in an area of high moisture I would have a mold and moisture inspection
Lived in an area that is affected by hurricanes or tornados I would have all necessary inspections of related items and review my safety plans and strategies

Be smart in your approach to home maintenance, do what you can easily do, hire the rest.

Good luck, be careful when using your ladders always look up you would be amazed at what can get in the way of a ladder- light fixtures, electrical wires all kinds of things.

And last but not least, clean the clothes dryer lint trap, lines and exterior cap along with the inside of the dryer.




Ranoli is a Holistic Home Inspector, Life Development Counselor, Intuitive Environmental Consultant, Author, Teacher and Radio Host on http://HealthyLife.net

She is the owner of Heart And Home Healing, a consulting service designed to empower people, create healthy homes and stage the feel of homes or offices.
Reach her at FaithRanoli@aol.com





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

沒有留言:

張貼留言